Friday, September 5, 2014

Totes awes

Hi guys! I'm back from a little summer break with some new announcements :)
First of all: I made a new cut out shape to paint on a couple of totebags based on a drawing I made last year. The lines are all handpainted, so it does take some time, but the result is lovely. I've only made one so far, but there will be more.

They will be for sale at the LelystArt festival in Lelystad, Netherlands on the 14th. Among other things, of course! There are a few booklets left, along with the usual postcards and whatnot and I might have some lino cuts if I finish them in time. I'm also looking into selling some stuff online in the near future.

Other news: Due to circumstances there will be a small exhibition here in Veenwouden from October 18th to somewhere in December, showing paintings of my great-grandfather, George van der Meulen and also some of my work. I was lucky to be asked, since I do voluntary work there and we had mentioned an eventual exhibition of his work before. I'm making the preparations this month.

(one of my great-grandfather's paintings and a page from his sketchbook)

5 comments: